Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last Night

All my life I have been told to eat right and exercise. Eating fruits, vegetables, and basically non-fat foods is the best way to go in order to be healthy. Also, having or being physically active helps along the way. With all this in mind, we would not have bad skin, have health issues, or even gain weight. However, why is it that with all this in mind, we still eat like horrible pigs and are not in the best physical shape? We eat a lot of candy, chips, soda, and the list goes on. We know what we are doing to ourselves but we keep at it. Is there a reasonable explanation for it? Not really because I do not even realize I am doing it until someone points it out to me. Like right now, I just finished drinking a can of soda and eating some sour cream and onion ruffles and I feel great and satisfied. I am not worrying about it. Not right now at least.

Maybe in the back of our heads we know that we should not but it will not stop us. It is probably like the little voice in our heads that does not get the best of us. We are all surrounded by it and do not think too much of the consequences until it actually happens. When do we know when to stop? How are we supposed to know? Why even stop? The answer is we just do not. We only worry about it when we see commercials or magazines and notice the pictures of the people we try to look like and that is when we take a look at ourselves. But we should not have to worry about it so much, we are just being ourselves and if eating makes us happy, then why not eat what we want and not pay so much attention to it. I guess that is just how much take the media plays in our lives and sometimes, we let it get to us but we should be able to control how far it goes in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. The question, do we eat to live or live to eat comes in mind when I read this blog. I clearly know that I live to eat, and it is far from healthy eating. Since the start of last semester my splurge increased significantly and it took a great toll on my body. I myself was in pretty decent shape and know all that useless "junk" of healthy living yet, I still persist to an endless glutton filled diet. I wouldn’t even call it a diet. I guess I love food too much, along with the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete